POWER99 Foundation, in collaboration with the funding support of UNESCO, initiated “Radio, My Best Friend” for children of age 4-25. POWER99 Foundation has produced 25 segments of information for learners 4-25 years age on the art and culture of Pakistan including both tangible and intangible cultural heritage and through the concept of “Radio Van.
The art and culture component includes
- Introduction of radio van travel-log,
- Tehqeeq Ki baat Baron Ke Saath (Expert Interview)
- Fun facts and musical
Radio Van Jingles/SongsThe radio van very puts its purpose in the most articulate manner and that is “Mein Hun Radio Van Sub Bachay Meray Fan”
تہذیبوں سے آگاہی دینا میرا فرض عین
In each episode of the program, the Van visits places like Deosai, Peshawar, Takht-i-Bhai, Gurdwara Panja Sahib and Julian University, Kohistan, Mohmand, Swat, Gilgit, Hunza, Nagar, Astor, Ghanche, Skardu, Bahawalpur, Muzaffargarh, Multan, Muzaffarabad, Neelam, Hattian Bala, Ziarat, Jaffarabad, Islamabad, and Tharparkar
The characters associated with Radio Van are the traveler and a curious child and students virtually visit these places on a dreamy, joyful yet educated journey.
The purpose of this segment is to provide authentic knowledge about selected places. Moreover, it gives in-depth knowledge about the different cultures of these areas. Pakistan it is hard to travel frequently. Therefore, with the aid of funny characters, appealing hooks, and melodious symphony, it ensures that children create their personal image and look at other cultures with much wider horizons.
Elements taken into consideration are:
- District Name
- Famous monuments and its history
- Current issues (health, education, and other social issues)
- Local Language (where they learn how to say basic) phrases such as hello, and thank you in the local language
- Famous local food, fruits, animals, and birds
- Geographical significance
- Traditional embroidery
- The importance of respecting local people etc.